- To practice writing with brevity and showing not telling.
- To learn about Memoir and genre writing.
- To practice Illustrating writing to enhance the message.
Freewrite: Obama embarrassed sign: Free speech or Hate speech?
What is a Memoir?
What makes a Memoir special?
2 qualities of good writing are
- Brevity—saying what you need to say in the fewest, most concise words possible.
- Showing not telling—making your readers see without telling them what to see.
Discuss what these things mean.
In order to practice this we’re going to write a 6-word memoir and illustrate it.
I’ll show you a few to give you some ideas.
Discuss each memoir and talk about the illustration.
Then ask the students to write the memoir and think about how to illustrate it. The project is due Friday.
We will post via Flowr on Friday as part of our Google Docs instruction.