Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thanksgiving Freewrite 23 November 2010

My student's assigned freewrite topic today is to write down the things they are most thankful for. I decided to make my own list.

Above all things, I am most thankful for my family (my husband, and girls).
Michael is my best friend. There is no one that I would rather spend my life with.
My girls Emerie and Mourlea are my pride and joy! They truly are my precious treasures.

I am thankful for my home. This year we get to celebrate the holidays in a real house not an apartment. Amazing how such a small thing can seem like so much.

As a home-schooled elementary student I didn't feel like I had roots. I didn't have childhood friends because we were so sheltered from the outside world. Because of that experience of feeling friendless. I have worked hard to develop strong adult friendships that I hope will carry on for years to come and transcend the physical distance that is growing between our families. I have a some special people in my life who are there when I need anything, especially a babysitter, a chat, or a cup of coffee.

I am seriously thankful for my Bachelor's and Master's degrees. I'm done with taking classes myself now on to practicing the art of teaching.

I am thankful for my students (even the ones who drive me up the wall). You know who you are!
Teaching is the only job out of about 6 or 7 that I've had that I have truly loved! There have been more than a few times that I did not know what to do or how to approach a topic or concept so that students  will understand, but the challenge of developing myself as a teacher is a major reason why I love it so much.

I am thankful that I live in a country that allows free speech, freedom to worship however I want, and freedom to spend most of my money the way I want.

I am thankful for inspiration to write when it hits and wish that it would indeed hit more often.

I am always thankful for a good novel and when I finish an especially good one, I feel a serious sense of gratification at taking part in a well made tale.

Time spent with my Grandmother's is worthy of thanks as well. They are 87 and 90 years old and hold a wealth of wisdom that is fast disappearing from  this world. They above all people know how to stop and listen to the world go by. They are not changed by the speed of today's communication.

I'm thankful for coffee...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Your opinions are appreciated.