- To practice writing with brevity and showing not telling.
- To learn about Memoir and genre writing.
- To practice Illustrating writing to enhance the message.
Guiding questions: What is a Memoir?
What makes a Memoir special?
2 qualities of good writing are
- Brevity—Saying what you need to say in the fewest, most concise words possible.
- Showing not telling—Making your reader see without telling them what to see. Discuss what these things mean.
I’ll show you a few to give you some ideas. 6-Word Memoir on NPR
Discuss each memoir and talk about the illustration.
Then ask the students to write the memoir and think about how to illustrate it.
The project is due Friday, September 3
We will post via Flowr on Friday as part of our Google Docs instruction.